Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sometimes it's just not your hour

It was time for me to do some shopping for my trip, and so on my way back home yesterday I stopped over at this supermarket.
I picked a shopping basket and moved in. I was trying to reach out one particular product, and I don’t really know what went wrong, the moment I pulled out the product I was looking for, the entire stock kept at that section came crashing down on the floor in a flash. By the very look of it, I was sure the items must been stacked on the rack just a while ago, as everything was tightly crammed in the rack.
The lady at the section came running, and even before she could think of saying anything, I told her what had happened, and didn’t sound guilty about it. Of course it was not my fault. She remorsefully told me that the items had just been arranged a couple of minutes back, and all her hard work was in vain.
Now I had to put up that sorry face.
Trying not to stay around for long, I just turned around and I could hear the next set of items rolling down on the floor. Not again. This time as it was not me, it was my backpack. But the lady around was still the same. This time around to play safe, I instantly apologized to her.
She shook her head in disdain.
I quickly moved out of that section, and moved to pick some other items. I don’t know if it was that lady or the place or that hour, but something was sure jinxed. I HAD to. But luckily this time around it was not as bad as the previous two times. But I did manage to drop a few packets of coffee powder on to the floor. And as I was hoping it goes unobserved, what do I see behind me? The same lady. Even before I could say something this time, she very politely told me “Sir, Let me help you please". And after that she helped me pick the rest of the items that I wanted.


It was really not my hour. Or was it that lady at the supermarket having a bad day?

1 comment:

Kiran said...

Pity on the poor lady :-(