Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Reunion.... Contd Part2




Part1/Recap

She was as such pretty shaken by tonight’s incident, and I could see the chill wind was making her freeze. That’s when I took off my jacket and wrapped it around her and at that moment when our eyes met I sensed the warmth and care the two of us had enjoyed between us was never lost even after all these years. We still cared the same if not any more for each other.

There was a long silence between us as we were driving back. She was holding me tight from behind with her hands around my waist and resting her face against my back. As we continued driving back she asked me if ever I expected her at the reunion today. To which I said, I was hoping that she would come. And I guess that’s the only dialogue we exchanged the entire distance apart from me enquiring the route to her home.

As I pulled my bike in front of her apartment she got down and tightly wrapped her arms around my jacket which she was now wearing. It was indeed cold. And then came the next unexpected thing from her. She asked me if I was in a hurry to get back home.  I was home alone and so I really had no better work.

She suggested we walk down a couple of lanes to a coffee shop nearby.  The two of us often used to go on long walks during college days. I guess it was during those long walks we got to know each other better. I have always enjoyed long walks, and if there was one person who equally enjoyed walking just as much as I, it was always her.  Our conversations since those very days used to be very mature ones. She was one of those rare gifted one’s - a beauty with brains. I still remember each time she was upset she would call me for a walk. And by the end of the walk we would ve put all our qualms behind us.

“Thinking about our college days” she asked.

“How did you guess”

“You ve been silent for quite some time, normally you talk a lot when we walk”

Trying to change the topic and not wanting to get dragged into our college day conversations, I smiled and said,

“It’s been almost 5 years since we last met each other and I was thinking nothing has really changed between us."

She burst out laughing, “You sure nothing has changed???”

Sure lots of things have changed since then. She had got married; she is a mom now, and yes she had just separated from her husband and was now staying with her daughter. And I was married too and living a broken marriage. As I looked confused not sure what she was inferring, she gently pushed her hand around my hand and slid her fingers between my fingers and gently clenched onto it and said “Now!!! Nothing has changed!!!”

She didn’t stop, she continued “You must be wondering why am I acting this way rite?”

I stopped to walk, I turned towards her our hands still holding, “I ve known you for long and I know when something is worrying you. And you very well know I will never ask you and will wait for that moment when you are going to tell me all. And I am sensing that moment is now”

The moment I finish my statement tears fast started rolling down her cheeks.

Sensing we were out on the street and the situation could turn awkward if someone saw us, I made her aware of our surrounding and she was able to gather herself back.

As we continued our walk towards the coffee shop I kept her engrossed in a conversation about her kid. And like all mom’s she had so much to say about her little daughter that our entire conversation for the reminder of the walk and at the coffee shop and the walk back was all about her kid.

As we approached her apartment it was already past mid night now. And as we were still discussing about her little one, out of nowhere came the next unexpected.

“Do you wanna meet my little one? I know how much you love kids. Wanna come in and meet her?  I am sure you will love her.”

To be Contd....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

:')

Curious said...

Wondering how this will end.. the last bit on pierced nose was funny!

Fact or fiction?

Anonymous said...

LOL. 'Nose piercing' funny bit seems missing now. Where did it go??? :P

Fazal C said...

@Curious : Makes me curious as to how you were able to read the 'nose piercing part of the story'. I had infact removed that section jus a few hours after posting the original post.

Fact or Fiction? Anyone's guess is as good as mine....
And ya... I too am left wondering how to end this now? :)

Fazal C said...

It was my un-devoted admiration of women with nose piercing that made me include that :)
Not sure what I was thinkin when I thought of a baby with nose piercing. And that's why I had to edit the post within the first few hours of posting it..
Anyone who would ve read that must ve sure had a nice loud laugh..

No wonder it's missing now :)