Wednesday, August 12, 2009

About love

What is the logical end for love? Or is there a something called end for love? Is love or can love ever be eternal?

"It's easy to fall in love. But then it’s not so easy to stay in love."

-fzl

Ask anyone who has been in love, and they ll tell you how exciting and how great a feeling it is to fall in love. The same person will also agree that it's very difficult to stay in love. Love is all about trust, emotions, tons of compromises, knowing each other's pulse, sacrifice. Love cannot exist between two people if either of the above said personas is not present.

To some, marriage is the logical conclusion for love. The moment they feel they ve got married to the one they love they feel their love has succeeded. To some, the moment their love gets married to some other person, they feel their love has failed.

I always admire people who honour their commitment in love and get married to the one. I have been lucky to have many such friends. And it's always a joy when you see them.

Last Week I met a friend of mine, who has been married for less than a year now. And yes, he is one of those fortunate guys to have married his lady love. And I have known his wife also equally well. She too happens to be a good friend of mine. While I was speaking to this guy, and a while into the conversation he spoke about how his married life has been in total peril and how the two were contemplating divorce.

I took me a while to digest all that what he was saying, as to me the word "divorce" up to that very moment only existed in a society that I was not a part off.

Do people fall in love, make vows to each other, let go their families and get married to the one they love only to finally part ways? If you have to part ways, why unite in something as solemn as marriage in the name of love?

It makes no sense to me, when two people who once could never imagine a life without each other get married and then one fine morning they only want to live a life without each other!!!

There are random thoughts in my mind..

But before I end this blog there is one thing that I would like to say....

You can get married to your love, and then if your marriage is not successful, then you ve failed in love. You might not be fortunate enough to have married the one in your life, but then that does not mean your love has failed.

Marriage or no marriage, as long as you care for that one person, your love has always succeeded...

No comments: