Friday, July 17, 2009

Firefox 3.5

There are some things in life which become inseparable over time, and Mozilla Firefox is one such fixation in my life.. Normally any new thing in life, takes some time to get used to it, but this was one such utility that the very first time I tried my hands on it, I was totally in love with.
When Mozilla Firefox 3 was set for release, Mozilla attempted to set a World Record by trying to attempt for the most software downloads in 24 hours. And I am proud to be associated with it. For which I got this.




But FF3.x came with it's set of flaws and it was dis-liked by most. Everyone felt FF2.x was far better. But with each newer version Mozilla did well to fix all the flaws.
And finally a version FF3.5 was released. It is said to have 5 killer features of which two are of my interest.
One being New JavaScript Engine: TraceMonkey. The new engine promises performance improvements when running heavy JavaScript web applications and pages
The other being Private Browsing. In private browsing mode, Firefox doesn’t save your browsing, search, download, or web form histories, or your cookies, or temporary Internet files.
But all the best things said, what annoys me the most now is, most of my FireFox plugins are no longer working with this newer version. And that kind of paralyzes my work.
I am being FORCED to use other browsers now. "Mozilla" this is not the way to go....


No comments: