Thursday, July 23, 2009

Shopping For Aman



Shopping for Aman is always an effortless job. All that fazal uncle needs to do is make sure I pick up everything that I like. It saves me from the trouble of having to make a choice. And yesterday was one such day. Mom and I had been out shopping.

@ The Store
Me : We need a dress for a 1yr old baby boy (Aman is only 6 months old. But Masha Allah, he is a healthy boy, and a tall boy like his dad)
(Shop guy starts spreading out some t-shirts)
Mom : Can you show some other items. We dont want t-shirts
(Shop guy starts to show some pedal pushers)
Me : Maa, Aman already has so many pedal pushers!!!
(But like I said, shopping for Aman is easy, we ended up liking two dresses and kept them aside.)
Mom : Don't you have anything else?
(Shop guy shows some shirts)
(Mom gets irritated)
Mom : Don't you have items like Kurta/Payjama for kids?
(He did show us a few, but all were too big for Aman, We were disappointed)
Shop Guy : No Madam, we don't have it for such young kids.
Mom : Dont you have any other designs?
Shop Guy : Madam, These are the only selection you ll find for boys. And I have shown you all
(Mom looks at me and then looks at all the dresses displayed all over the store)
Mom : See for girls they have so many nice dresses and so many variety.
Me : (Smiling) No wonder we guys don’t waste time shopping.

********

Little surprise that most women want a baby girl.
All said it's true; it's always difficult to dress up a baby boy. I wonder if shopping for Aman to me is so easy given the limited range of choice, how easy would it have been was it a baby girl.

@ Aman - But don't you worry my little guy, if not for dresses, fazal uncle ll sure flood you with a range of toys and gadgets in the days to come.... I ll do everything that I can to make sure you are a spoilt kid :) H
Hope your mom and dad are not reading this......

2 comments:

Snow Queen said...

r u guys leaving for dxb or is Aman coming down to B'lore?

Fazal C said...

You should ve given me a third option as well..
Sis, Jeej and Aman were at Cochin for 4 days, n hence we too rushed to Cochin to catch a glimpse of Aman..