Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Happens only with fazal


A foodie only needs a reason to eat out, and today was one such day where the foodie in me got a reason to have a good time along with friends. We went to a leading restaurant in Bangalore for lunch today. We were 5 of us. We selected our choice of buffet and as were waiting for our food, my other three friends stepped out to wash their hands.

In the mean time, as I and my other friend were chatting the waiter came by with a bottle of mineral water and stood beside my friend. He asked us if he could serve us the water? Trying to be cost conscious I told him very politely that we prefer the “Regular Water.”

The waiter smiled, and walked towards me, making sure the lady seated next to me does not hear what he had to say, he came across to my left, and in a very low tone told me, “Sir, this is complementary.”

I gave him that stupid smile of mine not knowing how to react. But I was sure impressed by his presence of mind, and the extra care he took to make sure he does not belittle me in front of a pretty lady. But it’s a different thing that we laughed our hearts out when I told the incidence to everyone once all were back.

No comments: