Sunday, August 1, 2010

To my friend on friendship Day


Call it a coincidence or accident, but it had to happen on this very day when the world celebrates “Friendship Day”. I was searching for something in my wardrobe and I happened to stumble upon a small gift box. Curious to know what was in it, I opened it and it was a mixed emotion when I saw the contents of the box. What was in the box? A friendship band and one small tiny book. Gifted, na given (friends don’t gift, friends only give) to me by my only friend, who has always been and will till eternity be my only treasured friend. Someone who knew me like no one else.

As I read through the pages in the book, the last page made me pause.
It read “friendship is something that we need all the time”. Yes “All the Time”… We don’t get to meet or talk any more. But I know you are around there somewhere all the time for me. Miss you ma friend. Wish you were around. Life has never been the same without you.

Wishing you a “Happy Friendship Day”...

No comments: