Monday, August 23, 2010

My lucky Number



The number “9” has always been very luck for me. Not jus’ because I was born on the 18th and 18 numerological adds up to number 9. But somehow over the years events have reinforced the thought that indeed the number “9” is very special and luck for me.

And so I have always had this strange intuition that when I turn 27(2+7=9), that year would be the year when some real good things will happen in my life, and I want this year to go down as an eventful year in my life. And so far things have just been perfect.

Early April/May was the time I struck gold, it was a double bonanza at work, and bound by terms of confidentiality I cannot disclose the incident here. And then it was my promotion which really caught me by surprise and my joy knew no bound. And if all that was not enough to keep me in air, today I get a mail asking me to be present for an event in the company happening tomorrow, and when I read the reason why? I was ecstatic. Guess what? I just won the “Best Outstanding Performer of the Year” Award. If you personally ask me the reason, I am sure it is because I have been away (standing outside) from my company for the last one year. The spirit dampener though, I will not be able to make it to event. I tried my luck by mailing my HR Manager and asking her if she could arrange my return tickets to Bangalore for the event. She laughed away at my genuine request. HMMH!!!

I hope and pray this year continues to be a lucky year for me, and my lucky number 9 colludes to bring in more good news along the way.

No comments: