Sunday, July 1, 2007

The magic lamp of today


Amithab - "Mere pass bangla hai, gadi hai, bank locker hai, Kya hai tumhare pass??"
(Meaning - I have a bungalow, vehicle, a bank locker of my mine, what do you have?)
Shashi Kapoor - "Mere Pass Maa Hey"
(Meaning - I have My Mother)

A very famous pick from the movie Deewar. Must have made the theatre audience clap and cheer.

There is this famous song from an infamous bollywood flick, in which the lyrics say

"ki paise bolta hey"
Translate it literally into English, it simply means "Money speaks"

I might have laughed at this song when I was young. I used that phrase more as an example in my English grammar classes, as an example for "figure of speech" - "a simile"
But today coming to think of it, it’s no more a simile, it’s more "a metaphor"

Money indeed does speak!!! And it speaks a universal language. And when it speaks, it speaks loud, It can over power an entire nations voice

Money succeeds in defeating democracy, where people buy votes.
Money succeeds in buying the main pillar of democracy, our Judiciary.
Money succeeds in places where our voice fails.
Money succeeds in places where our health fails.
Money succeeds in places where our skills fail.
Money succeeds in places where our love fails.
Money succeeds in places where our relationships fail.

Its little surprise that today everyone is running behind money.
Its that one thing that makes and breaks life these days, the one thing which gives you fame and respect in the so called society in which we live, that one thing which decides your entire life....

What is that money cannot buy???

Today I would be wrong when I say money cant buy relationships. Don’t most of the relationships just stand on the delicate thread called money??? People are with you when you have money, and there is no one around you when you have no money

Everyone runs behind money, because they feel that money can buy them everything on this planet earth. Ooops, did I say "Just planet earth"??? I am wrong; money these days can even buy you a plot on the Moon!!! Yes on the moon. Not just the moon, you can even buy a plot on the planet Mars. Yes that’s the power of money!!!

"Paisa Bolta Hey!!!!"

Money is not just a mere piece of paper or plastic (Australia, New Zealand and Romania, with variants adopted in Bangladesh, Brazil, China, Mexico, Singapore and Sri Lanka. India too is trying the plastic money made out of polymer and not paper) its much more than that.

When I was a kid every time i watched " Alladin and his magic lamp" on TV I would wish how I had something similar that could buy my anything that I want...

And now maybe my dream is half come true, i have seen that magic lamp (Money) but I still don’t have the lamp (Enough Money) :)

No comments: