Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Salute to the Indian Security Forces





Nov 26th Thursday 2008, 10PM..
Sitting at the comforts of my home I was watching a movie and enjoying the movie here in Bangalore, while a little north from here, the financial capital of India, "Amchi Mumbai" (our Mumbai) was being torn apart by a handful of militants.
24hrs down, this city is still under siege. The landmarks of Mumbai like the "Taj Hotel" is still under the control of militants. Hundreds killed in the city, which includes Foreign nationals, common people like you and me and some high profile cops and security forces.
It's a dark day in the history of India which I know people will never forget for years to come. And my heart bleeds for all those innocent killed, more for the brave security forces of India, who without caring for their own lives, even now at this very moment are fighting out an intense battle with the militants to secure the safe release of hostages.

I sometimes wonder what is it that these men are made up off? You and I today are not willing to step out of the comforts/security of our homes fearing terror, fearing for our lives, but these men who are in no way related to us, step out and risk their lives to save people who are total strangers to them. What do they get at the end of it, a "Paramvir Chakr" and a few thousand rupees compensation? And in the next few weeks they are forgotten. What happens to their families? Don't they also have a family like us? Don't they also long to live a life like we do?

Its a sorry state for a nation like ours, where in the government we elect is helpless and toothless. All governments previous and past have sold this country and have been more keen on breaking the country in the name of caste, religion, region, caste, creed, sex what not.
I would not like to get into this topic at this moment as I am already very upset and disturbed after seeing all the sights on TV for the last 24 hrs...

This blog is more to Salute the brave forces of India. This blog is to reach out to all those millions of Soldiers who safe guard you and me without even thinking whether the person they are protecting is a Hindu, Muslim, Christian or anyone else for that matter. They work selflessly, relentlessly all through the year because to them, their nation matters. They love their country.

It's when I think of people like them that I time and again say to myself "Mera Bharat Mahaan". Yes my country is indeed great thanks to all the Security Forces, who protect people like you and me, who take all those bullets coming our way onto with their broad chests with a sense of Pride.....
No matter what the rest of the world says and thinks, no matter what my fellow Indian's say or think, India my country is the most beautiful place on earth with all rich diversity and heritage.

I salute all you folks in the security forces.... Jai Hind!!!

2 comments:

SAX said...

good to know that u respect me

Fazal C said...

I never said i respect YOU, i just said I respect your Profession ;) and with friends like you in the armed forces, I am sometimes forced to rethink