Wednesday, November 5, 2008

To all my friends.....


It was Nov3rd and I called to greet a good friend of mine, "A Very Happy Birthday"... As we were speaking, she bought out an interesting observation. That through the entire year, there are only two days in a year when we speak/call each other :o!!!
And what are those two days? One, my birthday when she calls to wish me and the other, her birthday when i call to wish her.......
Now when I come to think of it, it's not just her , I guess Fazal calls all his friends (rather at least some of his friends) just once a year. That's on their birthday. Provided that I remember that it's their birthday or someone reminds me. Not my fault you see, I am growing old, so friends who are reading this blog and if I have not called to greet you this year on your birthday, I am sorry, I had lost my phone and so I had lost all your numbers, please mail me your contact number and your DOB so that I don't miss it at least the coming year....
I was wondering, why then do I need a cell phone? When I never call anyone though I have almost 200 plus contacts in my address book. Weird. I too have no answer to this question :)
But may be that's the way I am. Someone who does not socialize much, someone who keeps more to himself. Someone who is LAZY to make calls :) hehe

So this blog is to reach out to all those friends of mine, "Fazal will hardly ever call you, that does not mean he does not like you or he has forgotten you. Its just that Fazal is forgotten that he is a social being." So please feel free to call me when even you think of me :)
For you are the only assets in my life whose value only keeps appreciating with time unlike all the stocks and the other plans where i have invested my money in :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My B'day is on 18th NOV
So expecting a call from you. Also do remember the time difference :)

Fazal C said...

:) Sure, i shall call you.. but now that you ve not given me your cell number... where do i call??
Never mind, leave me your number after nov18th, that way i can make sure I wish you the coming year :)