Monday, June 15, 2009

A really Bumpy Drive

It was a bumpy ride back home today...

No, it was not that the roads were bumpy, for a change people in Bangalore were bumpy, and everyone was interested in kissing my bike at the rear..
And call it coincidence or pure luck... This is what happened today...

I was driving back home from office and was jus' coming to a halt at one of the traffic signals, when a bike guy came and bumped into my bike from behind. Thankfully I was driving at almost zero and I was able to steer clear from falling. I jus turned back to scream at that person and right away he lifted his hand up in the air(as if sayin’ I lay down my Arms) and said sorry!!!

Huh!!! So much for my humility I jus gave him a stare and said nothing. Anyways there was no damage to my bike.

Jus a km away and I was stuck in this leisurely moving traffic. I was jus' waiting for the traffic to clear and there I felt a strong jerk...

Huh!!! Not Again, All fuming I turn back with my helmet still on.. And what do I see??? A FEMALE rider, driving her Honda Activa. She too jus like that biker guy, instantly laid her arms and looked apologetic (I hope that's what she meant, she had her helmet on)... I jus ignored...

And jus when there was some room for me to move a little ahead. This lady from no where tried to squeeze her bike and there she goes again... She HAD to brush against my bike.

Bangalore roads in general drive me nuts, and motorists like her, make me even MAD. I took off my helmet trying to vent out my frustration... As I was jus beginning to phrase my sentence (Yes, I had to think what I was about to speak as it was a lady on the other side, and for fear that if things go outta control I know I ll be singled out in the crowd), for a split second I was left flabbergasted when the lady took off her helmet.

It took a piercing honk from someone behind to bring me back to my senses. I slowly pulled my bike to the side and so did the lady sensing I had something serious to say to her.....

I got down from my bike, walked up to her.. And.. and.. and... I jus' said "Sorry"....
(YES!!! That's exactly what I said!!!! )

The lady bursts out laughing and says "What re you sorry for??? It's my fault FAZAL! I should be sorry"!!! (YES!!! She called me by MY name!!!)

And that's when I said "I didn't know that it was you, that's why sorry..."

And she "I too didn't know it was you, else I would have made sure you fell from your bike"...

Me, “Ya Rite, and you ll come to the hospital everyday to visit me with flowers”
And then the conversation jus' went on...

It is a wonderful feeling to meet those good friends who many a times get lost in the walk of life... And what better way to meet.... Looks like a scene rite out of a 70MM screen...

This sure was one bump, that I loved ;)

No comments: