Saturday, June 6, 2009

To forget...

"Oh! I forgot!!!” How many times haven't we sighed saying the same?
We always create a hue and cry about our innate tendency to forget things. But have you ever realized that the tendency to forget is indeed bliss.


Jus’ a couple of days back, on my way back home, I had witnessed an accident rite in front of my eyes, and I was quite disturbed by the very scene and was very overcautious driving back home that day. But the very next day there I was again driving my way through the chaotic Bangalore traffic. Had I not been able to forget the incidence which I had witnessed, I don’t think I would have ever been able to zip through the roads of Bangalore.

It’s quite a master design, the way the human mind works. Was it not for the power of to be able to forget, I am sure most of us would have lived all our lives in fear, or in despair, or cribbing about things that went wrong, and sulking all our lives about all the things that we never got. In the mean time forgetting to live a life that lies ahead of us..

The starling fact is that we forget all these things without our knowledge. Meaning, me don’t make a conscious effort to forget, it happens subconsciously.
But then again there are a few incidents, few people whom I have not been able to forget though I have been trying hard. They say you can never forget to eat, drink and sleep. May be that’s precisely the reason I have not been able to forget reminiscences and people, as they are all an integral part of my life..

1 comment:

Snow Queen said...

Good one....n verry true too....