Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Leaving Early, Sir??

I have been a little busy for the last 4-5 days. Mom is back home. It’s a big relief to have mom back home. I was so bored and depressed of staying home alone for quite a long time now. And from the time mom is back, my house looks like a place to live, I have begun to love my home. My things are back to place, I don’t tend to forget to carry my mobile or wallet to office. And the best part of all, I get to eat good homemade food J

My uncle (mom’s bro) and his wife, the newly-wed couple had also come down home along with mom. They were here for the last 4 days and I never realized how time went by. For the period they were here, I was playing the role of a guide cum photographer for their trip around Bangalore and Mysore. Full time travelling and full time photography….

While the new couple were at home, I always made it a point to leave office early so that we could make time to go out in the evenings. And I don’t know is it recession or being popular for all the wrong reasons at office, this is what happened…


Day1:

Time 4 PM..

I swipe my access card and step outta the floor. The Security guy at the help desk on my floor gives me a surprise look, and then says “Saab, itni jaldi?” (Sir, so early?). I was taken aback by the question. I smiled and replied “Thoda kaam hey” (have some work). Security guard wishes “Ok, bye Sir”


Day2:

Time 4:30 PM.. I swipe my access card and step outta the floor. The Security guy at the desk gives me a wicked smile and says “Sir, Rooz jaldi nilkaltein hey” (Sir, you leave early everyday). Shocked at how quickly he came to a conclusion and Trying to put an end to it, I said “Mein roz subeh subeh aata hun, issi liye jaldi nikalta hun” (I come early everyday and that’s why I leave early also) . Security guy acknowledges the fact and says “Sahi hey Saab, jaldi aao, jaldi nikalo” (You re rite sir, come early leave early). My irony though is that it’s a different guy at the security each morning when I step into the office at 8.


Day3:

Time 3 PM..

I had to leave very early today as the guests were leaving today and they had their bus to board at 5. l as always walk out and the security guy on seeing me looks at his watch and gives me this look as if he is seeing something for the first time in life. “saab, aaaj itni jaldi, abhi aapka time nahi hua na” (Sir, so early, it’s not yet your usual out time). To which I politely replied, “Aaj bohat kaam hey” (I have lot of work today)… I am sure the security guy must be wondering If fazal works inside office or outside office..


Day 4:

Time 5:45 PM..

Now that, it’s only mom and me at home, I leave office at my usual time. And when I step out, the security guy again “Saab, aaj itna late kaise, kya hua?” (Sir, this late today! What happened?) .. I couldn’t control my laugh. I smiled and said.. “Aaaj OFFICE mein kaam tha” (Today I had work at office) and then the security guy bursts out laughing…

No comments: