Monday, October 26, 2009

Malaysia, First Impression



It’s been a week since I touched base at Kuala Lumpur(KL). Before coming to this place I had a notion that this is a very conservative country. (Courtesy: The news where in a Malaysian Model was sentenced to be canned for the reason that she had consumed alcohol which is against Islam. It’s crazy , first you sell, and give people a chance to drink, and then you yourself go ahead to punish them.) But a weeks stay in this commercial cum tourist capital and I wonder was all that drama about canning in Malaysia or some other country. The Malaysia I have seen over the week is a very modern Malaysia. Where in people are rarely even clothed to cover the bare minimum. The majority population of Malaysia is Chinese. And a visit to any mall or the city and you ll find only these people all over the city. They literally rule the city. Drinks, girls all are available at the drop of the hat. The gulf region is better I feel. One month I Dubai and I have never seen things like I have seen here in the one week.

All said Malaysia is a beautiful place, an ideal location to holiday. With some state of art infrastructure, they are a very developed nation. And the most ideal location for women to shop too. They have so many shopping options. Most of the malls and stores are kinda exclusively meant for women. And if ever you spend say 2 to 3 hrs at some mall, you ll be so accustomed to seeing the white skinned Chinese women/girls everywhere. At one moment you ll find it very hard to differentiate between a mannequin and a Chinese women.

The best part of my visit so far has been my hotel stay. In a far away Resort cum Hotel well outside the city. A place I would recommend to people if ever they only want to come and relax. Every day after a tiring day at office, it’s so relaxing to step into the hotel. Every evening there is a lady who comes and plays some really melodious and relaxing piano from 18:00 hrs to 20:00 hrs at the hotel lobby cum café. Later you have live music, where they play only soft music, music on request playing all the way to mid-night. Just buy a cup of coffee and sit there, relax and enjoy the music. That’s my evening these days. Too good. So next time you want to get away from your busy life, head to Holiday Inn, Glenmarie, KL.



No comments: