Tuesday, April 7, 2009

8.2 Secs all it takes????

"It takes 8.2 seconds for a man to fall in love at first sight" say scientists

It made me laugh when I read the news in the paper the other day. I wish falling in love was so easy. Now all you girls reading this will be thinking what is the big deal in this, guys fall in love at the flip of a coin and fall outta love even sooner..

But that ain't true... And if all you girls still think so, then give a guy a chance to stare into your eyes for 8.2 secs and see what happens. He will sure end up thinking that you have a squint eye and he ll run away from you.. hehe..


Coming back to my topic.. Ya, Having been in love once and still living on, by holding on to the fond memories my love has gifted me , I was left thinking if such an absurd statement could be true..

Had research said that "It takes 8.2 seconds for a man to have a crush on a girl at first sight" I would have agreed to it blindly. And for someone like me who admires mother nature and its creation, it just takes less than a fraction of a sec to have a crush, and as the word itself says it takes less than a thousand of a sec for my crush to get crushed..

But being a little jobless over the last few weeks and since I ve been home alone (thereby implyin that I have been out with friends for a major part of the day) I thought I will give this "Claim" by scientists a try and actually see if falling in love was so easy...


So here is what I did... On most occasions, whenever I found someone pretty, I made a sincere attempt to stare at girl’s right into their eye for a flat 8.2 secs. (Na.. I didn’t time it.. But I guess in most cases I went way beyond that time as it kinda gets addictive)

Okay, fazal being the good guy he is, in most cases, it was not staring!!! It was gazing!!

Staring at someone is quite offensive.. Gazing at someone is quite subtle feel...


And after having volunteered myself for this tests, here are my 3 observations..

-> In most cases, girls do not give you a chance to gaze into their eyes a full 8.2 secs straight. Most of the girls are generally very coy. So the eye contact hardly lasts a few seconds.. But interestingly most girls acknowledge and enjoy the attention they get. They will in most cases return your gaze in very subtle fashion (Ahem.. Guys, there is a ray of hope!!! So all the best)


-> Being the shy and reserved person I am, more often that not, I myself end up being so shy, that I turn away the moment our eyes would meet..


-> There are these playful girls who return your gaze in a naughty manner, which in most cases makes you go an a defensive.. Ya, better to play safe..


In short it simply does not work!!! Ya, firstly a stranger will never give you a chance to stare into her eye for such a long duration. So it’s simply impossible to fall in love in this fashion.


So I propose a new thesis based on my study...

"Stare at someone who is known to you, and if she really loves you, then chances are she ll sure let you stare her in the eye, and I am sure that in this case the two of you will start to like each other after this"


And if this works, I would love to hear from you folks..

But if something goes wrong, please!!! Don’t come back to me. It’s your risk. Keep in mind “The same girl will react differently to the same statement differently at different instances of time” Hehe.. So try, try until you succeed!!!

No comments: