Thursday, April 23, 2009

A True Citizen in Me.....


For the third time today since I turned 18, i exercised my right to vote. (And for all those who are trying to calculate my age based on the above data, Plz note, the first time I voted, I cast two votes, one for the assembly and the other for the parliament. So just add another 5 to 18 and that would be my age now.. haha)
Coming back....
After having a not so pleasant experience at the polling station when I was returned saying my name does not exist, I didn give up.
I had made up my mind I will vote, and I was sure my name existed in the electoral role. Thanks to sites like Jaagore and Google. I was able to confirm that my name did exist in the electoral role.
So after getting some external help, and thanks to one gentleman at the polling station who was truly professional, I was able to caste my vote.
The irony tho' is that the last two times,the candidate for whom I caste my vote have lost.. So I have this feeling that this time Mr." " is gonna lose...

4 comments:

Snow Queen said...

Btw...u've really become old, heh? look at ur hands :P

Fazal C said...

That's not called growin old.. Rather i would say, look at all that maturity in those hands ;)

Kunal Vaswani said...

Good keep it up.

Fazal C said...

Thanks... nice to hear from a concerned citizen.. but i am a little confused.. is the comment for makin my candidate lose or for castin my vote? :D