Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The fast receding line...


There is a saying in Malayalam… “kashandi kum, penungalle kushumb innum oru meranum illa”…. Na, don’t break your head, I know you all are as bad as me in Malayalam. Literally translated, the sentence means, “There is no cure/medicine for baldness and women’s gossips“

“Baldness” is a big worry to most men, and especially to me whose hair line is fast receding. Receding at an alarming rate. I guess very soon I will have to declare my hair “an endangered species”.

It’s really a matter of grave concern to me each time I stand in front of the mirror and have a look at myself, especially every morning soon after bath. Each passing day, I can feel my head growing in size (May be it’s due the enormous knowledge that I have been gathering over the last few years.)

This time while I was at the saloon getting my hair cut, my hair designer added to my woes by saying my hair was getting very thin and I need to take extra care. He was worried to lose a loyal customer who has been with him for the last 10 years plus.

Most people in my family try console me seeing my anxiety. My sister’s Father-in-law always tells me “Baldness is a sign of manliness, so feel happy. ” Coming to think of it, it’s true, I don’t agree when some men say that moustache is a sign on manliness, I am sure most of you must have seen women with a thin moustache :) (But thank god, its changing, I am glad most women are conscious these days)

Baldness is in my genes. It’s something that I have inherited thanks to my paternal genes. But I guess nature is being unfair on me. I hate the thought of being bald, especially at such an young age. I am sure it’s only a matter of few years, before which even my scalp ll begin to get tanned. :(

My only solace though, not true how far it’s true, but I have heard quite a few people speaking about it and have also read about it in lot many places. There are a lotta women who love Men who are bald :) … The very topic for this blog came to me when I was watching a celebrity interview on TV the other day and she said , she loved men who are bald.

“It’s sometimes humbling to know that there still exist women who have good taste in life…. “

Here are a list of few things I won’t get to do once I grow bald .. I will really miss..
  • Driving my bike without helmet and my hair hitting against the wind. (though I hardly drive without a helmet)
  • I always love the feel, when someone runs their hand through my hair. I ll really miss that feel, it’s really an easier way to tame fazal…
  • I will no longer be able to pretend that I am thinking, as I will really miss scratching my head when I am confused :)
But hey, there should be some good things as well of growing bald… So here is what I look forward to,
  • In the future, I no longer have to spend long hours in front of the mirror looking at myself and I don’t have to worry about the ugly think called Dandruff. I can wear all black color shirts with confidence.
  • I don’t need a comb(Save money and time). (I know most of you might say, even otherwise I never comb my hair. Esp. my mom would be the first to say that)
  • I don’t need to spend time shopping for shampoos (Again save money and time)
  • I don’t have to worry about my hair turning grey.. (hehe)
  • May be I can also negotiate with my saloon guy into giving me haircut for half the price :D

2 comments:

Snow Queen said...

Hello old man,
Why do you need haircut when u r bald?

Fazal C said...

i forgot to add one important point to my blog is guess.. by no means is baldness a sign of old age.. :p
Haircut is more essential for bald men cos they need to adjust those tiny little left out sprouts of hair ;)