Thursday, May 28, 2009

Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus…



Don’t get confused by my blog title, it’s by no means a review of the book by John Gray. But my blog sure goes on to substantiate the fact that men are indeed from Mars and women from Venus. Read on…

“Everyone wants to marry Aishwarya Rai”, “You think you re Abishek?, that you wanna marry Aishwarya?”… How many times have we not heard such sentences. To most Indians, Aishwarya is someone who defines beauty. (honestly I don’t like her, she might be beautiful, but not someone I admire or dream off..)
We humans, or I guess I won’t be wrong to admit that most Men are more inclined towards women who are good looking( this would include both naturally n artificially good looking). Now whether this is an overstated statement is a matter of debate.

Over the last couple of years, most of my friends and many of my relatives have been into this bride/groom hunt and from what I have heard from their experiences I can clearly draw a trend line… There is stark difference in what the two sexes look for in each other.

What are the things that men really look for in a potential bride and what are the things that women really look for in their prospective better halves… ???

Umm.. I ll start with the trends I have seen amongst females..
:) Very rarely have I heard a female speak of liking or not liking a guy solely for the reason that the guy is good/ not so good looking. Something that I have observed is that women are more realistic when it comes to matters that they know are beyond a guys control. (So guys it’s never looks)

:) Women are more keen on things which we men hardly observe or pay importance to. The 5-10 minutes the guy and the girl spend with each other talking in private is like time spent in the war room. I have heard girls complain about things like, that guy was way too talkative, he was too silent, he was too shy, he didn’t know what to speak… He was being too formal.. He was very serious..
So what this means? Women like men who can speak well and men who can keep them interested by talk, they like someone who can make them smile if not laugh. In fact I remember a friend of mine telling me, that she fell for this guy whom she got married to by his very opening sentence. He had infact asked her a question.. And what was that Question? Na.., that’s something, I plan to put to test and try my luck ;) if it does work for me, I ll update my blog then….

:) Women are more interested about how well the guy is settled, how successful the guy is in his career. How secure his life his.. How well educated he is.. And all such related stuff. And more than the girls, these are things which of course the girls family ll be more particular about. I have heard of cases, when the guys were asked to produce their birth certificates(Age verification) and in some cases even their pay slips to prove their take home!!! (The only time I had to submit my pay slip n Age proof is when I had apply for a credit card, and I love the freedom the card gives me… So when I hear of such incidences I cant but draw an analogy … Parents re synonymous to a Credit Card Issuing bank, and the girl is a credit card who gives me an interest free loan. I am sure, we all men ll be happy to submit our pay slips now)

:) Now this is one area in which I have seen different inclinations, where people are not quite sure what they want. Many a times they want both.. Though most of them prefer guys who are settled abroad, there are girls who are particular about guys who are settled at the same place as some girls prefer to stay close to their home.

:) A trend that is very common amongst girls these days, is that they want to continue working even after marriage, and they prefer a husband who is supportive of the cause (Considering the present global situation, I don’t think any guy ll ever object to his wife working)

In short, girls are more practical when it comes to selecting their better halves. They take very calculated risks and are very conscious before they make up their mind. Girls are never really on the look for fair and handsome guys, they jus prefer a guy who is neat and clean. (So guys stop wasting your time on all those beauty products)
Now that is my version of what females look for, from what I have heard and observed….

Now I come to the part what “Men really look for” on which I ll be able to give a better insight. Cos I ve heard enough and heard it all :)
In the mean time do let me know what is your take and share your experiences if any…
I shall complete this topic in my next post..

2 comments:

Sanau said...

I've been waiting for your next post to complete this one to put up some comments. Would like to see the Mars side as well ^__^

Fazal C said...

:) oh... Always wanted to post the other part, but was not sure if someone was actually interested in knowing the other side as well..
I didn wanna tarnish the image of poor old marshians ;)
But now that you say you re waitin to see the dirty linen, i ll wash it openly...
To put it in your terms it's "A Simple Gesture" from me :p