Monday, March 9, 2009

A Tele-Saga... Call1

Welcome to the world of tele-marketing at it's best..

This is a true incidence... Read on..
As the incidence happened over a period of one month or so, I am going to be breaking this this into episodes ;)

Before that a Dis-Claimer...

This is a true life incidence.
All Characters in this blog are non-fictitious, any reference to any person dead or alive is purely non-accidental.
However in the post I ll not wish to take out the tele marketing person's name, so I ll be addressing as her Ms.Tele

Day1:

Fzl's mobile rings..

Fzl: Hello...
Tele : Hello Sir, This is Tele speaking, I am calling from ******
Sir, can I take 2 mins of your time, please

Fzl: (Anyways needs a break from work) Sure...
Tele : Thank you Sir..
Sir, you have been chosen as our privileged customer and we are offering you a free-personal loan

Fzl : "Free-Personal Loan!!!???"
Tele: Yes Sir

Fzl : So you mean to say, I won't have to pay back the amount
Tele: (Panics, clear from her sound) No Sir, I meant, you don't have to give any documentations, and we ll give you up to 15lakhs!

Fzl : (Laughs) Then how does this become free?
Tele: No Sir, not that way... We are giving you loan at a very low interest sir. Just 1.5%

Fzl : Just 1% Annually??? (Excitement in my voice)
Tele: No Sir, it's monthly 1.5%

Fzl : So that is 18% Annual!!!
Tele: Yes Sir...

Fzl : (She really thinks I am a bakra)
I am sorry Ma'm, I am not interested

Tele: Sir Why sir? We are giving you upto 15 lakhs.
Fzl: I am sorry I am not interested..

Call Ends...

No comments: