Friday, March 13, 2009

A Tele Saga - Call5

A note to readers:

This is the last post in the Tele-Saga Series, and for all those people who have not read the previous posts, scroll down and read them first, in sequence. Let my efforts not go wasted! :)

After my previous call, I never got a call from Tele for nearly 2 weeks or so... And I was very much relieved and in the mean time I had gradually started taking calculated risks by attending call from numbers that were not in my phone book.
But things happen when you least expect.. And so this had to happen...

Cell Rings:

(It was a weekday, I was at office.. )

Fzl : Helloo...
Tele: Hi Fazal, hope you recollect this voice!

Fzl :(Panics, cut the call, cut the call)
Tele: Fazal, I know you must be angry.. But you know what, I no more trouble people with Investment calls and personal loan calls.

Fzl :(Then what is the purpose of this call???) That’s nice to hear.
Tele: Now they have moved me to a different section!!!

Fzl :(I can sense something coming my way)
Tele: Now we are offering free-credit cards

Fzl :(O God!!!!!) Teleeee... Something is seriously wrong. Why are you wasting your time on me, when you know I am least interested in whatever you are trying to get outta me...
Tele: No fazal.. You have mistaken me...

Fzl : Oh.. (So I am at fault haan?? Ya, for having entertained your call, true I am to blame)
Tele : If you don’t mind.. Plz gimme just 5 mins of time.. Plz Fazal

Fzl: (No NO NO - Still silent)
Tele: (continues) Fazal, we give calls to many people every day, and most of the people whom we call, don’t even speak a proper sentence to us, they just hang up... But you were my first customer who spoke nicely to me, and this being my first job you really have no idea how nice it feels to get friendly customers!!!

Fzl :(All blushing!!! her trick is working) Laughs.. Good one.. So that means I too had to do what others do, may be being nice to you has not helped me.
Tele: No.. It's not that way.. When I joined few of my colleagues gave me an idea to quickly get customer. And this was one. That if I can get hold of a s/w engineer, through him I can get various other contacts. And they re the people who make use of our services the most.

Fzl :(Laughs..... Easy targets haan.. Sadly you chose the wrong one)
Tele: But I know you are different, in spite of all the things that I tried, you just kept ignoring me! So I knew you were a good person!

Fzl :(flattered...)
Tele: Fazal, this is my last chance to save my job.. They moved me outta my last assignment as I was not able to meet my targets. When I complained they moved me to credit card section saying this was a little easier.

Fzl : True, you ll have lot of people who want a credit card...
Tele : Ya... So I guess you ll be my first customer
Fzl : haha.. Why me.. I already have a credit card and that itself is spoiling me.
Tele : No fazal, please.... There are lotta benefits on this card, like
Fzl : (Intrupts) Teleeee... I am really sorry.. But I don’t want a additional credit card

Tele : Fazal, just apply for one, and once you get the card, cancel the card, don't use it!
Fzl :(Aaaha.. This lady is indeed smart, but fazal is stubborn..)
Fzl : I am sorry tele, I am not willing to do that either.
Tele : (Gets a little emotional) Fazal, please if I don’t get to meet my target here, i ll sure lose my job. Plzzz....

Fzl :(huh.. this is emotional blackmail)
Fzl : But i cannot help you by applying for a card.
Tele: Plzz Fazal, understand my situation.

Fzl: No, I am still not applying for one, ummm.. Okay, maybe there is one thing I can do for you. There is a friend of mine, who wanted a credit card, the best I can do is give him your number or give you his number.
Tele :(All excited) Oh! thanks a lot fazal... I ll give you my number, please ask him to contact me...

Tele : Thanks fazal... You don’t know how much this means to me
Fzl : ya, I am doing all the marketing for you now
Tele: (Laughs)

Fzl :But I hope this means that you ll no more call me
Tele : (Laughs again) I ll try my best not to trouble you...
Fzl : Thanks tele, I shall pass on your number to my friend, and then it's your luck..
Tele : Thanks fazal.... Have a nice day

And yes, I indeed refer a friend of mine and explained to him the situation and this guy did take up the card... And tele never called me after that... Not sure if she is still in the same job or not..

And I am not even sure if I have jus been an easy pawn in her hand. Only Tele knows.....

However I don’t repent what I did, I was only trying to help someone.. And ya, I know what most of you might be thinking, before you ask, was the same request from a guy, I don’t think I would have entertained him half as much.

But however in general, never be rude to any person on the phone esp the tele marketing folks, after all they are just doing their job to earn themselves a living. If you really want to turn down something, there is always a humble way of doing so.

Just imagine yourself in the other persons shoe and you ll realize what your job must feel like when confronted with all irate customers the whole day. May be that’s what in someways made tele call me back, for sometimes getting to hear a friendly voice is indeed encouraging ;)

And hearing to friendly comments for my posts is even more encouraging for an amateur blogger like me :D

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

haha...I really doubt if she told the truth..Dude here they use it as there last weapon...emotional blackmail. No one likes to see other person loosing his/her job because of U. This is my friend called marketing :)

Chetz said...

totally agree fazal ... wel frankly the Tele was in Love with your.... and Now may be your friend whom you referred :P ...

well try this when any other tele calls ..its always worked for me .. the moment they say " Sir you have a min" .. i start " Is this regarding Credit cards .. Investment plans .. loands .. " .. they say " Yes " .. i sweetly tell ... " I am not interested please don't waste your's or My time " .. :D

Fazal C said...

:)

ya, ppl like me generally learn the hard way....
Thanks to recession and my fast shrinking bank balance (I mean bank bal on the last working day of every month), that's exactly what i say to all the tele marketing calls these days. I simply tell them I have no money and considerin my profession, they take pity on me :)